The Griffintown Art School is a new art school found in the heart of the burgeoning Griffintown neighborhood of Montreal. Whether you are a seasoned arts professional, or a beginner just looking for a creative outlet, the Griffintown Art School has classes for you. Working in partnership with the Montreal Art Center, our courses and workshops offer students the unique opportunity to expand their artistic skill sets, while our teachers and administrators offer thoughtful and personalized attention that help make our school a vital part of the Montreal arts community, especially in the South West sector.
*July: workshops only
*August: summer break
*September: new sessions are starting!
Merging/ Continuing Classes at The Montreal Art Centre
As with all instruction and continuing education, the longer you study and practice, the more you learn and the better you get at your chosen subject. It is for this reason that the Montreal Art Centre offers a unique course format of continuing classes. For each course we offer, you must sign up for the scheduled minimum duration of 4, 6 or 8 weeks. After this period you may stay on with the class for as long as you wish. You simply continue on a week to week basis for $35 a session. Our professional instructors will continue to work with you with personal attention, at your own level, throughout each session you attend. You have to pay and reserve a spot 24h in advance. For details and rules please read our policy!!
It is always possible to sign up for another 4/6/8 weeks.
Griffintown Art School Policy
• Registration must be made online, by phone or in person (debit/credit card, check, cash.), classes to be paid in full prior to commencement of classes.
• There is a cancellation penalty for cancellations up to 14 days before first class – of 25% of
• There is a cancellation penalty for cancellations up to 7 days before first class – of 50% of
• For all cancellations before 14 days prior to class commencement $20.
• The Griffintown Art School retains the right to cancel any class or course should there not be sufficient students enrolled. The amount paid for classes cancelled under these circumstances will be refunded in full or the student may have the option of taking another substitution class.
• If a student misses a class, he has no right to make up the class.
• Merging/Continuing classes:
- Students are required to reserve for ongoing classes at least 24h before the class starts (please respect our opening hours).
- Long term commitment students are favored, if there is no availability in a particular class, you will have to wait until we find a place for you.
- The cost for each additional class is $35, paid by cheque, cash, debit, or credit card at the Montreal Art Centre the day before the class. There is no long term commitment on your part for these continuing sessions. PayPal payments online are available only for the initial full course signup.